A successful candidate will leverage their foundation in accounting and interest in continuous improvement to help streamline the accounting close process and develop financial forecasting and budgeting capabilities. The right candidate will work best in a collaborative, results-oriented environment and want to play an impactful role in the growth of a company.
Highlighted Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Senior Controller in annual, quarterly and monthly close processes and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, including coordination of reporting from overseas entities.
- Prepare financial statements, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger, bank statements and inter-company accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries for accrued expenses, revenue, payroll and adjustments
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with budget preparation and preparing the monthly budget variance analyses
- Prepare for financial audits and assist in the audit process
- Assist with Sales tax filings and registrants
- Assist the Senior Controller in managing and documenting the finance teams day to day accounting operations, internal controls and cash flow management.
- Provide training, mentorship, and oversight of staff and build a high performing team.
- Calculate commissions and bonuses
Key Experiences required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and hands on experience preparing journal entries
- Proactive, highly communicative, and passionate about accounting