Accounting Assistant for Energy Group
Join our client, an alternative energy company, as an accounting assistant! This position is located in the HQ in Fairfax, VA and is hybrid.
- Prepares invoices for entry into QuickBooks (approx. 400-600 weekly)
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and other necessary billing documents, which may require calculation of credit terms
- Gathers pertinent information to create invoices
- Ensures billing and receivables are correctly processed in a timely manner using QuickBooks
- Addresses and corrects any discrepancies in account portfolios, invoices, or billing.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information and preparing outstanding customer and vendor reports.
- Support Billing team to enter vendor payment terms to match the due dates with the payment cycle.
- Work in Excel to maintain spreadsheets and track billing status/progress
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in high volume invoice/billing using QuickBooks in a professional setting is required
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.