A Washington, DC area-based M&A advisory firm is looking to add a part-time Accounting Manager to their team. Established in 1995, this firm has grown steadily and established itself as a reputable firm that delivers high quality service.
Reporting to the CEO, this Accounting Manager will play a vital role in managing and maintaining the day-to-day accounting activities and establish strong policies and procedures to set the firm up for further growth. They will enjoy being hands on and building strong relationships across the organization.
Expected hours will range from 20-25 hours per week. The Accounting Manager will work one day a week in office (Mondays), and can work remotely for the remaining time.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day accounting activities including recording transactions, reconciling accounts, processing payroll and payments, preparing financial statements and tax filings.
- Prepare client statements, and making collection calls as needed.
- Ensure invoices and expense reports are approved by management and properly coded to the correct expense account. Process payments in a timely manner.
- Lead monthly and annual close. Prepare financial statements and conduct analysis over financial results.
- Assist management in the preparation of the annual budget and forecast. Periodically update the forecast and conduct analysis over budget to actual results
- Assist with onboarding and off-boarding procedures; oversee benefits enrollment and management.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least 8 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge and skill using QuickBooks Online
- High attention to detail and ability to manage confidential information professionally is required
- Ability to work in office on Mondays