JustinBradley’s client, a global network of policy research centers, is looking to add an Accounting Supervisor to their Washington, DC area headquarters. With a global reach, and centers in Russia, China, Europe, the Middle East, India and the United States, this organization describes itself as being dedicated to advancing cooperation between nations and promoting active international engagement by the United States.
- Oversee the organization’s accounts payable function by reviewing all payment requests on a weekly basis, paying close attention to details such a proper coding and approval, active grants, OFAC checks and any required tax documentation.
- Work closely with the Development department and the programs to ensure the timing and nature of expenses being charged to grants comply with the donor’s reporting requirements.
- Work with the organization’s research programs on the front-end of the grants to establish practices that will allow for the level of detailed reporting required by the funders and ensure that research programs are aware of the grant terms.
- Review monthly account reconciliations and journal entries prepared by the staff accountants.
- Review 1099, Brussels 281.50 and 1042 filings for appropriate vendors.
- Manage and develop the staff accountants in fulfilling their annual goals by providing regular feedback and training for new opportunities when available.
- Assist in the organizational audit and grant audits.
- Assist the Senior Accounting Manager with the annual budget and fiscal year forecasts as needed.
- Assist the Senior Accounting Manager with monthly financial closings.
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Required – degree in accounting and active CPA license.
- 5+ years of work experience (with 3+ years of supervisory experience) in financial reporting and financial management.
- Non-profit grant experience is a plus.
- Proficient at Excel.