AP Accounting Specialist
Location: Washington,, District Of Columbia
Category: Accounting & Finance
Job ID: 10167
ResponsibilitiesWork closely with the CFO:
- Administer the firm’s paperless Accounts Payable process. To include reviewing and verifying invoice approval, general ledger account coding, recoverable expense allocation to appropriate client matters.
- Assist with the bi-monthly vendor payment run. To include scheduling time with account signatories, processing/mailing of checks, responding to vendor inquiries.
- Update and maintain the vendor database, obtain W-9’s and ACH information, and prepare the annual submittal of 1099’s (MISC, NEC).
- Manage the employee expense reimbursement process. To include verifying supporting documentation to expense report submittal, verifying client recoverable expenses are allocated to the appropriate client matters, work with staff to correct rejected expense reports, respond to staff inquiries regarding status and payment of expense reports.
- Manage the use of the firm’s credit card. To include obtaining receipts and invoices, inputting transactional data into the ERP system, and reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll journal entries.
- Prepare and submit monthly DC use tax returns.
- Prepare annual DC business personal property tax returns.
- Assist with variance analysis in relation to month-end reporting.
- Assist with preparing quarterly tax schedules.
- Generate reports as needed using the firm’s ERP system.
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure and comply with data integrity and security policies.
Work closely with the Operations Manager:
- Facilitate the firm’s billing process. To include aiding in the generation and/or review of recoverable expense pre-bills from the firm’s ERP system.
- Review and assist with compliance of Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Draft and distribute internal and external accounting policy communications upon request.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and prioritizing job duties.
- Familiarity with professional services with a recoverable expense environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, Chrome River (Expense), Stampli (Payables), Sage Intacct, Adobe Acrobat, NetDocuments.
- Experience with ERP systems including paperless A/P and expense reimbursement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with a focus in Accounting.