AP and Payroll Manager
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia
Category: Accounting & Finance
Job ID: 10222
The Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager is responsible for certain accounting matters related to accounts payable management, payroll review and backup, and related accounting matters for the organization and its affiliates. This position will also support efforts to identify and establish new processes, protocols, and systems, and maintain if not create appropriate process documentation. In this role, the Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager must be able to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review payroll and serve as backup to payroll processing.
- Manage automated accounts payable process in MineralTree.
- Supervise the work of the Accounts Payable & Payroll Accountant.
- Administer and support the automated preparation of employee expense reports in ExpenseWire based on monthly corporate card usage.
- Reconcile staff credit card statements each month; track and follow-up on unsubmitted reports monthly via ExpenseWire. Report delinquencies in excess of 60 days to CFO.
- Manage the organization’s sales and use tax compliance process.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 7 years full-cycle experience with payroll and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and account reconciliations.
- Experience with data manipulation and conducting analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Prior supervisory experience and the ability to multi-task.