JustinBradley’s client is an established but ambitious insurance service company, seeking an Associate Director of Finance to lead the financial accounting and reporting for its Arlington, VA based office. Overseeing a team of two, this hands-on Associate Director of Finance will be key partner for a highly collaborative operations and leadership team in continuing its high growth strategy. Known for its strong leadership that values communication and new ideas, the company has enjoyed positive employee engagement.
The work schedule will be a hybrid model.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading functions of the accounting department including collection of premiums, processing claims, reconciling Premium and Losses information, bank reconciliations and accurate recording of transactions
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual internal management reports and analysis, including variance analysis
- Assisting in preparation of information for external and internal auditors interim and annual audit reviews
- Developing analytics to evaluate operational/financial activity, tracking operational development
- Proposing, prioritizing, and implementing process/system improvements by collaborating with business leaders and IT
- Various ad-hoc projects as the business evolves
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
- 6 – 10 years of accounting experience in the insurance industry
- Exposure to statutory accounting, compliance a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required