A career in public accounting can be very fulfilling – juggling multiple clients evolves into being a trusted advisor of many; continually training new hires can turn you into a mentor for future generations of CPAs. In the right firm, this career is an opportunity to make a broad impact.
JustinBradley’s client, a CPA firm with established roots in the DC community has created a deep culture of care, trust and empowerment. Their reputation has also earned the firm long standing clients and with more than 50% of the current partner group starting their careers with the firm, their commitment to the professional and personal development of every team member is evident.
Our client is seeking an experienced CPA with strong nonprofit audit experience to join their Audit & Accounting team. They are looking for individuals who want to grow and serve in the nonprofit specialty of the firm, and help to build the practice by developing expertise within the team. Their nonprofit clients bring a strong sense of purpose to the mission of the organizations they serve. The Audit Manager will have the chance to meet with these clients, their boards and audit committees.
- Manage multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements supported by the Partner.
- Plan and execute audits (including governmental), reviews, and compilations for a variety of nonprofit and for-profit clients.
- Present audit findings to management and the board of directors.
- Train and develop staff.
- Supervise audit staff and seniors on engagement teams and facilitate fieldwork.
- Keep abreast of latest developments with nonprofit organizations, GAAS, and the Firm’s standards and policies.
- Participate in the Firm’s business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and active CPA
- Experience with Nonprofit, Uniform Guidance and Benefit Plan audits for a CPA firm
- Experience in preparing and reviewing 990s is a plus
- 5-9 years of CPA firm experience
- Audit supervisor experience