Broadcast Systems Engineer
JustinBradley supports their global media client in their search for a professional with video & network experience. As a Broadcast Systems Engineer, you will manage a team of engineers located in the Sterling Virginia Broadcast Center whose responsibilities encompass the aggregation and distribution of video services to affiliate broadcasters across the globe.
- Location – Sterling, VA 100% onsite
- Duration – 1yr could convert to Full Time with the right fit
- Implement, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot full time linear and ADHOC compression and encoding systems to maintain reliable transmissions.
- Provides engineering support to all Technical Operation Center systems for global monitoring platforms and compliance recording systems.
- Responsible for engineering support to the Technical Live Events team for global event contribution and distribution.
- Performs monitoring and maintenance of Video IP distribution platforms in support of affiliate service delivery.
- Works with key vendors and escalates equipment performance and diagnostic issues.
- Creates and implements standard operating procedures, maintenance operational procedures and test plans.
- 2-5 years of experience with television compression and distribution systems preferred.
- Preferred IT certifications: CCNA, MCP, CompTIA A+/Network+, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, VMware, etc
- Solid knowledge of baseband video, audio and metadata.
- Understands the signal flow of transmission systems and can read and produce system drawings.
- Foundational knowledge of cloud based architecture and applications for video delivery.
- Solid knowledge of MPEG4 encoding technologies, encryption/authorization technology, baseband and IP transport along with specific experience on DigiCipher and PowerVu systems.
- Solid understanding of IP theory and operation in support of command and control.
- Ability to work independently and provide weekly status report submissions while maintaining daily communication with the management team on day-to-day items and projects.
- Candidates would be required to travel to Disaster Recovery site to perform project work, routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager. Overnights, weekends, holiday coverage and rotating shifts will be required.
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories