Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with eight bureaus and offices overseas, JustinBradley’s client is a private, nonprofit, multimedia news corporation. The organization brings award-winning, domestic journalism and uncensored content to people in six Asian countries that restrict free speech, freedom of the press, and access to reliable information beyond their borders. The organization also provides educational and cultural programming, as well as forums for audiences to engage in open dialogue and freely express opinions.
JustinBradley has been engaged in the search for the organization’s new Budget Manager. Strong knowledge of the federal budgeting process gained from extensive hands-on experience will be essential in this role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a member of the Finance Department, the Budget Manager works with the CFO in executing the organization’s financial and procurement policies.
- Formulates, justifies, and executes the organization’s annual budget ($40M).
- Prepares USAGM (United States Agency for Global Media) reports, as needed.
- Provides budget and related guidance to the organization’s senior staff, and responds to information requests from the USAGM, OMB, and other government agencies and officials.
- Ensures compliance with OMB circulars and other Federal regulations.
- Serves as the organization’s contracting officer, working closely with General Counsel on contracts and leases.
- Serves as a member of the senior staff and advises the President and other senior staff members on budget issues while also serving as the liaison to the Budget Office of the USAGM.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as Business/Public Administration; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in budget and/or accounting/finance.
- Solid understanding of federal contracting requirements and non-profit accounting.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite and accounting software (the organization currently uses Deltek Costpoint).