As a key member of the Executive Team, the CFO will have responsibility for all financial matters, including accounting, budgeting, grants management, financial planning and analysis, auditing, treasury, process improvements, and other related duties. This will be the first full-time financial hire at the organization.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- As an integral member of the leadership team, the CFO will be instrumental in driving change and implementing strategic planning and internal initiatives.
- You will have a valued seat at the table to help shape the organization’s future and to support the strategic vision.
- This position can be performed remotely.
- Responsible for administration of all accounting procedures and adherence to internal controls.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all audit and 990 tax preparation activity, including engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process; support the leadership with financials, assist with budgetary decisions and administer and review all financial plans. Compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in financial management, at least 3 years in a senior role leading a finance/accounting function.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.