Under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager, Client Finance and the indirect supervision of the Director of Client Finance, a Client Finance Portfolio Manager manages and facilitates the collection activity of a multi-million dollar accounts receivable portfolio.
In this capacity, the Client Finance Portfolio Manager will:
- Determine the collectability of a large portfolio of the Firm’s receivables and coordinate the collection of monies, including clients involved in bankruptcy and e-billing;
- Correspond with the billing attorney and/or relationship partner to propose the course of action to maximize collection dollars; Advise the Firm’s attorneys in matters of policy with respect to ethical issues, debtor work, billing procedures and write offs;
- Effectively resolve billing issues through coordination with the Billing department; Research disputed account balances, and suggest future actions to avoid such disputes when appropriate;
- Negotiate settlements with clients; Escalate legal issues to management;
- Develop strategic relationships with internal and external clients to help achieve the Firm’s fiscal goals;
- Work overtime as required, particularly during month-end and year-end; and
- Handle additional collection-related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Economics or Finance) or equivalent experience (preferred);
- At least 7 years work experience (required);
- At least 5 years of collections or finance experience (preferred);
- Knowledge of the Elite accounting system;
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy law and related billing and collection procedures;
- Knowledge of applicable rules of professional ethics; and
- Knowledge of the rules of Attorney-Client Privilege and Confidentiality.