Location: Washington, District Of Columbia
Category: Accounting & Finance
Job ID: 10191
JustinBradley’s client, a non-profit trade association that represents the voice of the wholesale baking industry, is looking to add a Controller to their Washington, DC area headquarters.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and Membership, the Controller manages the hands-on daily accounting and financial operations of all four entities for the organization. The Controller has functional responsibility for financial audits, accounts payable and accounts receivable, monthly reconciliations and close processes, payroll processing and leave management, and for ensuring financial records are accurately maintained and accounting policies are followed in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for all entities, with oversight by the Vice President, to include accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Lead the monthly close process for all entities and prepare reporting packages in a timely fashion.
- Manage merchant services accounts and partner with programmatic teams on transaction inquiries.
- Prepare and manage audit preparation, workpapers, information requests, and inquiries from external auditors during consolidated annual audit covering all four entities.
- Support the Vice President in the budgeting processes, particularly in the preparation of budget workbooks, providing calculation reviews, and the entering of approved budgets into QuickBooks.
- Attend Audit & Finance Committee meetings/calls as schedule allows and provide meeting notes to the Vice President.
- Partner with external CPA and Vice President on process improvements, system redesigns, policy modifications for GAAP compliance, and other projects as required.
- Mentor and train, as needed, the Accounting and Operations Coordinator in support of his/her professional development and expansion of his/her skillset to further contribute to the team.
Payroll, Leave, and Benefits Management
- Manage semi-monthly payroll processing, with oversight by the Vice President.
- Manage benefits and leave calculations for new hires and terminations.
Compliance and Tax (All Entities)
- Calculate and report D.C. sales and use taxes monthly.
- Manage annual 1099 process accurately and in accordance with tax law.
- Provide financial reports and salary and benefits calculations to external tax CPA in support of annual IRS filings.
- Prepare quarterly, pre and post-election and special PEC IRS reports, including Form 8872, 8871, and other filings.
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Five or more years of accounting or related experience in a non-profit, association, or CPA firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software required; proficiency with Microsoft Office365 (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams) preferred.
- Experience in payroll processing.
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories