JustinBradley’s client, a nonprofit in Alexandria, is looking to add a Foundation Director to their team. The organization focuses on the teaching of languages to all ages by working with educators and the government. Providing vision, leadership and support for quality teaching and learning of languages, this membership organization serves the career and professional needs of language educators and administrators at all levels of instruction and in all languages, as well as those in government, industry, and the non-profit space. The new Foundation was born out of a clear and urgent need to address some of the existential challenges facing the language education community today. The Foundation exists to elevate the profession of language teaching.
The Foundation Director is the chief administrative officer of the Foundation and will be responsible for planning, managing, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and programs in support of its mission of raising money to expand and deepen language education.
- Guiding the foundation to innovation and growth, the Director provides leadership be communicating the foundation’s mission, vision, and strategy.
- Directing and managing all aspects of a comprehensive strategy to raise funds in support of the foundation’s mission, including from corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- In cooperation with the Board of Trustees, identifying prospects and donors, cultivating and stewarding donors/prospects, securing gifts through solicitation and supporting donor recognition activities.
- Developing a budget that reflects the mission and values of the foundation; preparing a long-term financial plan that ensures the long-term viability of the entity.
- Leading and overseeing the creation of a comprehensive fund development program that cultivates deeper ties with current major donors and broadens funding to include major individual donors and other new institutional funding.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director and foundation Board, developing the foundation’s strategic plan, action plans, budget, planning and execution of fundraising activities, and communication and relationship building with language community, donors, and potential donors.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 8-10 years or more as a senior development professional, with a proven history in building sustainable high- performing development programs and a demonstrated history of developing successful relationships with high-net-worth individuals and institutional funders.
- Proven track record of successfully closing six- and seven-figure gifts.
- Experience working in associations and/or association foundations preferred.
- Experience managing a budget of $1M or higher.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, national caliber fundraising, donor acquisition, research, engagement, stewardship, reporting and overall management.
- High energy and passion for language learning/education and intercultural competency is essential.