GL Accountant for AMLaw Top 10 Law Firm
Our client, an international AMLaw Top 10 firm based in DC, is seeking a GL Accountant to be responsible for daily general ledger activities and to ensure the expediency and accuracy of the Firm’s financial reporting.
The position is fully remote and compensation will be $65K with full benefits and great 401K.
- Accounting and/or Bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and MS Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Outstanding organization skills with attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes, handles multiple tasks simultaneously and, is flexible.
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting, or related field required.
- Compile Firm data for financial surveys for US and Foreign Governments.
- Support audit initiative by preparing audit schedules.
- Review fixed asset additions and disposal reports along with corresponding gain/loss impact.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Prepare and process journal entries.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close processes.
- Review and maintain office lease and sublease schedules for all offices.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledger accounts.