JustinBradley’s client, a diversified energy business is looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join their DC area headquarters. As an established organization with operations across North America, they are committed to connecting customers across global markets with reliable sources of energy.
The Quantitative Analyst will be a key member of the Strategic Analysis team, interacting with and analyzing large data sets to answer questions about key operational priorities including forecasts, pricing and usage. The right candidate will enjoy statistical analysis and thinking creatively to solve problems with data. This highly interactive role will work across the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support efforts to ensure proper statistical representation of gas and electric usage, weather, electric retail profile, and energy price & load information.
- Develop and update data queries utilizing SQL, Visual Basic, or other methods to collect data from external sources and internal Oracle database.
- Review and compare proprietary model forecasts to actual results. Make recommendations to improve forecasts.
- Engage in day-to-day pricing analysis, risk analysis, and hedging analysis for operations daily balancing and portfolio hedging requirements.
- Price, monitor, and provide performance reports for product analysis.
???????Key Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree engineering, finance, math, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of relevant experience in data analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- SQL, VBA or other programming experience is preferred