JustinBradley’s client, a leader in global communications is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Northern Virginia area headquarters. This evolving company is leveraging their progressive and enthusiastic team and investing in their infrastructure to pave the way for generations of technological breakthroughs.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be part of the core financial close team, supporting the financial reporting and analysis and interacting with stakeholders. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to improve processes and optimize usage of their new ERP. This role will also include owning the company’s lease accounting review process, ensuring compliance with ASC 842.
- Interpret and extract key information from lease contracts, monitor lease changes and additions, and enter lease abstract data into the lease software system in compliance with ASC 842.
- Prepare accrual and other journal entries with supporting documentation in accordance with best practices.
- Conduct account analysis and research to interpret and ensure accuracy and understanding of account activity.
- Prepare various complex reconciliations, schedules and reports. Use accounting knowledge to provide correcting entries for reconciling items and work to minimize such items on a go-forward basis.
- Support consolidated and/or statutory audits by preparing deliverables and responding to audit inquiries and issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance
- 4-5 years of demonstrated accounting experience and a minimum of 1 year of lease accounting experience
- Familiarity with U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC and other accounting and reporting standards