In this capacity, the Senior Billing Coordinator will be responsible for the administration and management of the billing process, provide billing support to and collaborate with finance personnel, attorneys and client service specialists, handle special requests and projects, and reconcile aged unbilled, rejections and short payments.
In this capacity, the Senior Billing Coordinator will:
- Review, edit and process proformas and invoices;
- Monitor the status of proformas; identify issues and work with colleagues to resolve aged unbilled;
- Review client guidelines against finance applications and eBilling applications to ensure billing instructions are current and adhere to client and attorney protocol;
- Respond to billing inquiries and requests from attorneys, client service specialists and Client Finance department;
- Follow accounts from proformas to successful submission of billing and eBilling;
- Handle eBilling rejections, resubmissions and related tasks like rate sheets, timekeeper approval, budgets, etc.;
- Keep Billing Attorney and Client Service Specialist updated on rejections and delayed billings;
- Update and audit instructions, templates, billing notes within all finance application platforms for assigned matters;
- Provide overflow support to billing team members;
- Advance knowledge of application processes to provide support, guidance and leadership to team members;
- Work overtime as required, in particular at month end and year end; and
- Handle additional billing projects as assigned.
- Organized, professional, analytical and capable of solving problems;
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and methods;
- Advanced proficiency in windows- and web-based accounting programs (3e preferred);
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS Word and MS Outlook; and
- Advanced proficiency in the English language, written and spoken.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field (preferred);
- At least 4 years of general accounting experience (required);
- At least 4 years of legal eBilling experience (preferred); and
- At least 4 years of law firm experience (preferred).
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.