The Senior Cost Analyst will help lead budgetary and cost accounting analyses for the institution. This role will independently perform professional-level analysis and complex functions, serving as a resource to staff and management on budget and cost accounting matters.
Budget & Cost Analysis Area:
- Develops, maintains, and monitors the operating budgets and indirect rate structure in the financial systems (i.e.- Workday Financials and Workday Adaptive financial systems).
- Develops tools and monitors quality control related to budget and cost compliance in the financial systems.
- Conducts cost and variance analyses and prepares reports as required. Develops accurate cost estimates, complex ad hoc reports, and financial models for trend and variance analysis.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics Team to create and develop financial reports in Tableau to assist senior management with decision making.
- Prepares month-end financial reporting and tracks business performance against operating plans and provides monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date variance analysis for management.
- Assists in the formulation and submission of the annual incurred cost submission and forward pricing rate proposal to the government. Ensures accuracy of submitted information and compliance with government requirements.
- Coordinates, researches, and respond to Defense Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA) audit requests.
- Responsible for performing ad-hoc financial analysis to support decision making of senior management.
- Acts as a liaison with various operating units regarding budget and cost compliance. Meets independently with directors, responsible staff officers, and project staff. Advises staff on financial activities. Brings to the attention of staff potential problems and irregularities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/ Mathematics/Statistics/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent knowledge. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- 6 years of related professional experience; two years of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and data analysis.