Sr. Accountant – Real Estate Investments
Work for one of the premier real estate companies in the DC area. The Senior Accountant will report to the Director, but will work with the Senior Vice President on monthly reporting and variety of general accounting duties. The focus of the position will be the stock and bond portfolio, investment accounting, financial reporting, and supervision of the accounts payable function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Record and review stock and bond transactions to the general ledger. Maintain stock worksheet. Review and reconcile annual 1099s and the schedule of capital gains and losses used as a supplement in the tax return.
2. Prepare documentation required for electronic funds transfer from multiple banks for capital calls and distributions and record using the investment management function in Yardi. Maintain investment management setups in Yardi.
3. Review annual account reconciliations, schedules and supporting documentation used to validate general ledger balances for the tax returns for various partnership, trust, and individual taxpayers.
4. Review reconciliation of bank balances against general ledger balances to validate monthly cash balance reporting. Prepare the 1st of the month report and Treasurer’s report.
5. Review and approve work product of accounts payable staff. Review various internal billings. Review quarterly household employee tax filings.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and two years of experience needed. Demonstrate practical knowledge in all areas of job responsibilities. Must be detailed oriented with solid organizational and accounting skills.
Possess the ability to effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues inside and outside the organization. Demonstrate initiative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Ability to work efficiently and accurately, to be independent and thrive in a team environment.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions.
Ability to interpret some variety of technical instructions and deal with variables.
Solid computer skills and experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with Yardi, Property Management Software, is a plus. The ability to learn and master new software programs.