The Senior Financial Business Intelligence Analyst is positioned in the Finance Department and supports the Firm’s financial analysis, in addition to the reporting and data analytics needs, to ensure accurate and reliable financial information is provided for decision making and planning. You will directly interact with Firm Leadership, Attorneys and all functional departments within the Firm.
In this capacity, the Senior Financial Business Intelligence Analyst will:
- Develop reports for financial analysis, production, data and process control using Tableau/Power BI, SQL, SSAS, Excel, and other tools that access the firm’s financial databases;
- Drive advancements in the Firm’s reporting, data visualization and analysis capabilities;
- Perform in-depth analysis using critical thinking skills to provide accurate financial insights in a format that is useful and meaningful to the audience;
- Provide financial reports, data visualizations, and reporting packages for Firm leadership and management to use in decision making;
- Summarize analytical results and effectively communicate with various levels of stakeholders;
- Interpret data needs and design, develop, and deploy analytical tools to improve and optimize business decisions and performance;
- Have knowledge of data and process mining and the ability to apply this knowledge to large volumes of data to reach meaningful conclusions;
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent;
- Manage recurring deliverables in accordance with agreed upon specifications and set deadlines; and
- Balance and prioritize tasks and projects based on deadlines or the importance and urgency.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Tableau or Power BI;
- Experience with SQL, SSAS and SSRS;
- Intermediate plus proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with 3E accounting software or similar enterprise software programs;
- Experience working in a Law Firm (strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Capability to learn and follow Firm and practice-area-specific procedures and terminology; and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance (preferred); and
- At least 5 years of financial reporting experience (preferred).
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.