JustinBradley’s client, a growing real estate and healthcare investment company is seeking a detail-oriented, business minded Staff Accountant to join their team. The Staff Accountant will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and using their problem solving and analytical skills to assist the Controller with accounting, fund administration reviews, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for a variety of businesses.
The Staff Accountant will be the key liaison between the headquarters and operations in China, assisting with translating and reviewing business reporting, financial information and working closely management. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and an understanding of business practices and cultural norms in China is required.
- Liaise with offshore groups to obtain accounting information and reporting
- Perform transactional and month-end activities using Sage Intacct, including invoice and expense processing, calculating accruals, bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare files for tax preparation and track tax deadlines for all entities
- Prepare monthly and year-end analyses and reports
- Ensure investor documentation is received and maintained
- Review fund admin accounting and reports
- Maintain waterfall and carry calculations as well as projection
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work onsite at the company’s North Bethesda office location
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking Mandarin Chinese
- Knowledge of Chinese business practices and cultural norms
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or general business major with an accounting foundation
- Excellent MS Excel and ability to quickly learn new software packages (Sage Intacct; Quickbooks; MS Office; Box, DocuSign, etc.)