JustinBradley’s client, a Washington, DC based nonprofit organization focused on proving better buildings equals better lives, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. This organization established the most widely used green building program in the world and is helping transform buildings, communities, and cities around the world.
The ideal candidate for the Staff Accountant position will have strong financial analysis skills and work efficiently to ensure data accuracy. They will demonstrate excellent time management with the ability to work well both independently and in teams.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- The position may be performed remotely within the United States.
- You will be contributing to a mission focused on improving and safeguarding our environment.
- Perform month-end close processes, including agreement review, and preparing/posting journal entries including ASC 606 Revenue Recognition & Corporate tax accruals.
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert the senior management if necessary.
- Partner with Technology and other cross-business departments to define, establish and implement accounting system and accurate reporting.
- Coordinate annual audit and assist the director of Finance in running audits.
- Assist with annual IRS 990 form preparation.
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- Two to five years of accounting experience preferably in Non-profit.
- Working experience of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other accounting standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel (Advanced skills are required).
- SAP and IBM Cognos experience is preferred but not required.